Mediterranean-style Roasted Cod with Tamari
This 20 minute recipe is a triumphant combination of fish, Mediterranean vegetables, beans and lemon that is enhanced with a good splash of Kikkoman tamari. Tamari adds a deep umami flavour that combines well with the citrus and sweet taste of veggies.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
- 1 cod loin, around 250g in weight
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 courgette or 4 baby courgettes, cut into batons
- 1 tin of butterbeans, drained
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons of Kikkoman Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Leaves from 3 sprigs of thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper to season
- Rapeseed oil
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
Put all of the vegetables, butterbeans, crushed garlic and thyme in a roasting tray. Pour over the tamari and season well with freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle with rapeseed oil and stir well to combine the flavours.
Put the fish on top of the veggies, grate the zest of half a lemon over the vegetables and fish and squeeze over the juice of half a lemon. Season again with a little bit more black pepper.
Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the fish is fully cooked. Note: Thinner pieces of fish will take less time whereas the thicker cuts will require the full 20 minutes. The fish should be flaky but not dry.
Created by Eva Humphries @wholefwarrior