Lime and coriander chicken skewers
A zingy tasting lime and coriander marinade makes these BBQ chicken skewer recipe delicious!
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 50g/2oz kaffir lime leaves*, fresh or dried, chopped
- 50g/2oz fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 limes, juice and zest, grated
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ red chilli, de-seeded, grated
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- Bamboo or metal skewers
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tin sweetcorn, drained
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 limes, juice only
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Mix together all the marinade ingredients then add the chicken, tossing well to ensure each piece is well coated. Thread the chicken onto the skewers then grill or bbq for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, combine all ingredients for the salsa then set aside until required. Serve the kebabs on a large platter with the salsa on the side.
*Although lime leaves are becoming more widely available, if you can't get hold of any, substitute with lemongrass.
Top TipIf using bamboo skewers, remember to soak them in water first to prevent them from burning.