Tomato and pepper soup with Kikkoman soy sauce and lime
An easy to prepare tomato and red pepper soup recipe seasoned with naturally brewed Kikkoman soy sauce. Make a batch for lunch or as a tasty starter for family and friends. Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time50 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy238 Kcals
- 550g tomatoes, quartered
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- ½ red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- ½ x 400g can chickpeas, drained, reserving a few extra chickpeas to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime
- Watercress and croutons, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 220°C (200°C fan oven) gas 7. Set a sieve over a bowl. Use a teaspoon to remove the seeds from the tomatoes, tipping them into the sieve to catch the juices underneath. Discard the seeds and reserve the juice.
Put the deseeded tomato quarters, pepper, red onion, chilli and garlic in a roasting tin. Add the sunflower oil and toss to mix. Roast for 30min.
Pour over the Kikkoman Soy Sauce and half the hot vegetable stock and continue to cook for 20min. Add the reserved tomato juice, remaining stock and chickpeas, then whiz in batches with a blender until smooth.
Pour into a saucepan and reheat gently. Stir in the lime juice, then divide among four bowls and garnish with watercress, croutons and chickpeas. Serve immediately.
Love Soups? Check out our guide to creating Easy Homemade