Rigatoni chicken salad with mustard & soy sauce dressing
Pasta salad's are a great way to feed your family with fresh vegetables. Mix wholegrain mustard with soy sauce to create a delicious dressing for this dish.
- Preparation Time25 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy602 Kcals
- For the dressing:
- 50 ml orange juice
- 80 g Wholegrain mustard (e.g. from Maille)
- 50 ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 100 ml olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper
- For the salad:
- 240 g rigatoni
- 1 chicken breast fillet (approx. 180 g)
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 small broccoli (approx. 200 g)
- 1 Orange
- 160 g yellow and red cherry tomatoes (approx. 16 pieces)
- A handful of baby leaf spinach (approx. 20 g)
- 12 olives (about 60 g)
For the dressing, boil down orange juice to about half its original volume. Mix with mustard, soy sauce and oil and season with pepper and sugar.
For the salad, cook the rigatoni according to the packet instructions and leave to cool. Cut chicken fillet in half, season with salt and pepper, steam for 5-6 minutes, let it cool and shred.
Cut broccoli into small florets, wash, blanch and shock. Peel and segment the orange. Wash and halve the tomatoes if needed. Wash spinach and spin dry.
Mix rigatoni, broccoli, orange segments, tomatoes, spinach and olives with approx. ¾ of the dressing and arrange on plates. Arrange the chicken on top, drizzle with the rest of the dressing and serve.