Hot sizzling beef with upside down noodles
This tasty Asian stir fry recipe is certainly different, with tender beef and crispy noodles it's perfect for entertaining
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
For the beef
- 30ml (2 tbsp) vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 500g (1.1lb) fillet steak, cut in strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 60ml (4tbsp) Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 200g (7oz) bean sprouts
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
For the noodles
- 100g (4oz) fine egg noodles
- Vegetable oil, for deep frying
Heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok, over a high heat. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Then add the beef and cook for 2-3 minutes until seared. Next add the garlic, chilli and pepper, stir-frying for a further 2 minutes. Finely add the soy sauce and bean sprouts, and fry till sizzling.
Meanwhile, cook the noodles as per packet instructions, drain well and pat dry with kitchen paper, ensuring all excess water is removed. Deep fry in hot oil for 1 minute, until crisp and golden.
Serve the stir-fry topped with the crispy noodles and garnished with fresh coriander.