Slow Cooked Vegetarian Chilli
This delicious vegetarian chilli recipe tastes great with avocado and sour cream!
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time3 hours
Nutrition per serving
- Energy638 Kcals
- Saturated Fat4.3g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 800g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 500g corn kernels (from 2 sweetcorn cobs)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- fresh coriander to garnish
- 4 tbsp sour cream, to serve
- 1 small chopped avocado or 4 tbsp guacamole, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Cooked quinoa or rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or in a 4.5 litre slow cooker with sauté function.
Add the garlic, onion and peppers and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Add the sugar, oregano, cumin, chilli powder and salt and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes, stock, tomato paste, soy sauce and chipotle paste.
Bring to a simmer and stir in the black beans and kidney beans.
Transfer to the slow cooker (if not in there already), cover and cook on low setting for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Stir in the corn and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Taste and season.
Serve with rice or quinoa, garnish with fresh coriander and accompany with avocado and sour cream and lime wedges.