Oriental coronation chicken
Coronation chicken is a great filling for a jacket potato but this recipe with an oriental twist is even better! Try it for lunch
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and cut into strips
- 250ml (9fl oz) mayonnaise
- 75ml (5 tbsp) Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 5ml (1 tsp) five-spice powder
- 15ml (1 tbsp) chives, finely chopped
- 100g (4oz) flaked almonds
- 2 large mangos, peeled and thinly sliced (or 1 mango and 1 paw-paw, for added colour and texture)
- Handful chopped coriander, to garnish
- Handful dried chilli flakes, to garnish
Bring a pan of water to the boil and poach the chicken for 12-15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked through. Remove from the heat, drain and cool.
In a bowl thoroughly mix together the mayonnaise, soy sauce and five-spice powder and then add the chopped chives, flaked almonds and mango slices. Toss the chicken strips into the mixture until well coated.
Garnish with chopped coriander and chilli flakes. Delicious served in a baked jacket potato or makes a perfect cold salad for picnics.