Open Steak Sandwich
An easy steak sandwich recipe which only takes a few minutes to cook. The soy sauce based marinade makes the meat very tender and tasty.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Additional Time2 hours marinading
- Cooking Time5 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy382 Kcals
- Saturated Fat2.5g
- 2 x 200g lean rump steaks
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 slices thick bread
- Bag of mixed salad, e.g. rocket and little gem lettuce
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3tbsp mango chutney
- 1tbsp mild chilli sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1cm piece fresh ginger root, finely chopped
Shake together all of the marinade ingredients. Place the steaks in a non-metallic shallow dish and pour over the prepared marinade. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight.
When ready to eat, heat a griddle pan until hot. Place each steak on the griddle and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side for a medium cooked steak. Lightly griddle the onion rings and sliced tomatoes.
To serve, cut each steak in half, place on the bread and top with mixed salad.