Yakisoba is a quick Japanese stir-fried noodles dish with vegetables and a sweet-savoury sauce.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
- 2 bundles or portions of egg or ramen noodles
- Rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 1 thumb-size piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- A large handful of savoy cabbage leaves, washed and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut julienne style
- A large handful of beansprouts, washed
- Pickled ginger
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sake or red wine
- 1 tsp sugar
Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and cook the noodles according to the package instructions, then set aside.
Heat some rapeseed oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the onion for one minute.
Add the garlic, ginger and cabbage and cook for another minute before adding the carrots and beansprouts. Be careful not to overcook the vegetables –– you want them to keep their crunchy texture.
Add the noodles and sauce into the stir-fry and toss well, continuing to cook for another minute or two. Serve with a side of pickled ginger.
Love cooking a stir fry? Take a look at our guide on how to
make stir fry sauce