Warm Salad of Stir-fried Chicken Livers
A delicious main-meal warm salad thats packed with different textures and flavours. The chicken livers add a soft, meaty taste and the dressing of Kikkoman soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey has a sweet and sour note
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy313 Kcals
- Saturated Fat4g
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon clear honey
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped
- 350g (12oz) chicken livers, trimmed
- 1 bag of mixed salad leaves or 1 small lettuce
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 25g (1oz) pine nuts or flaked almonds
To make the dressing, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey until evenly combined. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
To prepare the salad, dry fry the bacon in a non-stick pan 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Lift from the pan and keep warm.
Add the chicken livers to the bacon fat in the pan and fry, stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes or until well browned. Return the bacon to the pan, pour over the dressing and bubble for 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
Mix the salad leaves and cherry tomatoes in a serving bowl and spoon over the chicken livers, bacon and the pan juices. Scatter over the pine nuts or flaked almonds and serve at once.
TipTake care not to overcook the chicken livers or they will be tough and dry. They should be well browned on the outside but still slightly pink in the middle.