This Mediterannean style quiche is easy to make. The marinated tomato, basil and pine nut garnish makes it extra special
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
For the pastry:
- 250 g plain flour
- 125 g butter, cold
- 1 egg
- 2 pinches salt
For the filling:
- 500 g red and yellow tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 courgette, diced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 6 eggs
- 400 ml cream
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch pepper
- 60 g parmesan, grated
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1. Put the flour in a bowl and knead with the butter, egg and salt to form a dough. Roll it out on a floured work surface and lay it out in a non-stick quiche pan. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C and blind-bake the dough for about 10 minutes.
2. Beat the eggs and whisk with the cream in a bowl. Add the garlic, 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce, pepper and parmesan.
3. Cover the blind-baked pastry with onions, tomatoes and courgette. (Put some tomatoes aside for decoration). Now pour the egg mixture over the whole thing and bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
4. Mix the balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce in a bowl and marinate the reserved tomatoes in it for a few minutes.
5. Garnish the finished quiche with marinated tomatoes, pine nuts and basil and serve.