Vegan Teriyaki Sausage Skewers recipe
These vegan teriyaki sausage and vegetable skewers are the perfect combo for a laid-back summer BBQ! Simply slather in sticky teriyaki sauce and cook on the bbq or in the oven - it's so easy.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
For the glaze:
- 2 tsp cornflour + 2 tsp water
- 100 ml Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- 50ml maple syrup
For the skewers:
- 4 chunky vegan sausages
- 2 ready to eat corn on the cobs
- 2 courgettes
- 2 red peppers
- 16 chestnut mushrooms
- 12 cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Green salad
- 6 metal skewers
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or get barbecue ready
2. Prepare the skewers - Cut the sausages, corn on the cob, and courgettes into 1 inch pieces. Halve, core and cut the peppers into 1 inch piece. Push the prepared vegetables, mushrooms and tomatoes on to the skewers and set them over a lasagne dish
3. Prepare the glaze - Mix the cornflour and water together in a small bowl. Add the Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade and maple syrup to the saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the cornflour mix to the pan, turn the heat down and stir until the sauce reaches the consistency of a loose syrup. Transfer the glaze to a bowl and leave to set to the thickness of maple syrup
4. Dress and cook the skewers - Brush the glaze over the skewers making sure everything is well covered (saving a little for glazing). Put the lasagne dish in the oven and roast for 20 minutes (or cook them on a barbecue). Brush with the remaining glaze.
5. To serve - Prepare your rice and plate it up. Place the skewers on the rice, dress with green salad and serve immediately
Copyright © BOSH!
If you like Teriyaki Marinade, try our delicious recipes made with our Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauces