Healthy turkey stir fry with noodles recipe
Stir-fries are such an easy and quick midweek supper option. It’s also a great way to add in lesser used vegetables such as cabbages or even use up those less than perfect leftover veg that are lurking in the fridge.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
- 2-3 turkey steaks thinly sliced (350g approximately)
- 1/3 of a savoy cabbage (120g), thinly sliced
- half a head of broccoli (120g), sliced
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1” piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced then cut into matchsticks
- 250g of straight-to-wok udon or other noodles
- one tbsp of coconut oil to cook
- black pepper to season
For the stir-fry sauce:
- 1 heaped tsp of cornflour
- 1 heaped tbsp of almond butter
- 2 tbsp of Kikkoman Tamari Gluten-free Soy Sauce
- 75ml of chicken stock
- juice of half a lime
To make the sauce, mix the cornflour with a splash of chicken stock to form a liquid. Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Set aside until you make the rest of the stir-fry.
Heat the coconut oil in a large frying pan on a medium-high heat. Throw in the turkey and cook for a couple of minutes until it’s starting to colour.
Add in the broccoli, ginger and spring onion, season well with freshly ground black pepper and cook for another couple of minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the cabbage and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in the sauce, adding a splash or two of extra chicken stock if required.
Finally stir in the noodles and cook for a minute to bring it up to temperature.
Created by Eva Humphries @wholefwarrior
Love cooking a stir fry? Take a look at our guide on how to
make stir fry sauce