Tuna Steak with Grape and Lambs Lettuce Salad
A fantastic summer salad of tuna steaks with a ponzu dressing
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
- 8-10 tbsp Kikkoman Ponzu
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Some chopped rosemary needles
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (approx. 120 g each)
- 100 g cream
- ½-1 tsp tahini paste
- ½-1 tsp brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp cider vinegar
- 200 g lambs lettuce salad leaves
- 2 chicory
- 100 g sugar snap peas
- 100 g red, seedless grapes
- 2 shallots
- 1 bunch of chervil, leaves picked
- 60 g bread croutes
Mix 4 tbsp of Ponzu, 2 tbsp of olive oil and rosemary for the marinade and season with pepper. Brush the tuna steaks with the marinade and chill.
Mix the remaining Ponzu, cream, tahini paste, sugar and vinegar for the dressing and season with pepper.
Halve the chicory, cut out the stalk and cut lengthways into strips. Slice the sugar snap peas lengthways into strips. Peel the shallots and cut them into rings.
Fry the tuna steaks in a non-stick pan on both sides for about 5-8 minutes. Arrange lamb's lettuce, chicory, sugar snap peas, grapes and shallots on plates and drizzle with the dressing. Garnish the salad with chervil and bread croutes and serve with the tuna steaks.
- Instead of tuna, salmon or trout also taste great.
- If you like a slightly oriental note, replace the chervil with coriander.