Tomato salad with ponzu dressing and soycrunch
A bright and colourful tomato salad. Enjoy as a side dish or as a starter with some nice bread. The soycrunch adds great texture. Suitable for vegetarians
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
- 500 g tomatoes (preferably different colours/types or heritage varieties)
- 2 white onions
- 1 handful sprouts (e.g. onion sprouts and cress)
- 1 tbsp. Kikkoman Ponzu Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 75 g mixed nuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds
- 50 ml Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Roast nuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds in Kikkoman soy sauce in a pan, until the soy sauce has evaporated. Leave to cool.
Rinse tomatoes and slice them. Peel the onions and cut them in thin slices. Place tomatoes and onions on a serving dish or on plates.
Whisk or shake Kikkoman Ponzu, sesame oil and white wine vinegar for a dressing. Pour the dressing over the tomato salad.
Chop the cooled soycrunch coarsely, and sprinkle it over the tomato salad with the sprouts. Serve right away as a side dish.