Tomato and meatball pasta
This tomato and meatballs recipe is simple to make and tastes amazing, it's created by the wonderful tv chef Dean Edwards
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Additional Time30 mins chilling
- Cooking Time30 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy663 Kcals
- Saturated Fat7.1g
- 400g pork mince
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tbs breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 100g smoked pancetta, cubed
- 1 red onion, very finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs rosemary, very finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 30ml water
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 tbs Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 500g dried linguine pasta
- 30g parmesan cheese shavings
- 2 tbs flat leaf parsley, chopped
In a large bowl, mix the pork mince, paprika, parsley, breadcrumbs and Kikkoman Soy Sauce and combine thoroughly. Shape into golf ball sized pieces and chill in the fridge for 30 mins.
Seal the meatballs in batches in a non stick pan until coloured, this will take around 10-12 mins then set aside.
Fry the pancetta until golden then in the same pan add the onion, garlic and rosemary and cook over a medium heat for a further 3 mins. Add the tomatoes, water and chilli powder then return the meatballs to the pan.
Simmer for 15-20mins or until the meatballs are cooked through. Season with Kikkoman Soy Sauce, pepper and the sugar.
Cook the linguine to the packet instructions in boiling salted water.
Add the pasta to the meatballs, stir through and serve with some parmesan shavings and some flat leaf parsley.