Tofu Rainbow Bowl
This rainbow bowl is a nutritious combination of fresh vegetables and soy and honey glazed tofu on a bed of rice. Beautiful and very tasty! Suitable for vegetarians
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
- 1 pinch salt
- 240 g basmati rice
- 120 g cashews
- 170 g tofu
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 4 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 150 ml of water
- 3 lemons (only the juice)
- 150 g carrots, finely shredded
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- ½ red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 avocados, flesh cut into strips
- 300 g edamame
- 1 mango, flesh cut into pieces
- 200 g mung bean sprouts
- 1 tsp of white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of black sesame seeds
1. In a large saucepan, bring about 2 litres of water to the boil with a good pinch of salt. Add the basmati rice and simmer for about 10 minutes.
2. Roast cashew nuts in a dry pan, remove and set aside. Dice tofu and fry in rapeseed oil. Add 1 tbsp honey, chilli flakes and 1 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce.
3. Put the water in a bowl and stir in 3 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of honey to make a dressing.
4. Distribute the finished rice into 4 bowls. Top with the prepared vegetables and mung bean sprouts. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with the dressing.