Tofu and Vegetable Stir Fry
A delicious vegan stir fry featuring tofu seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy521 Kcals
- 250 g firm tofu, in cubes
- 5 tbsp frying oil
- 50 g green beans, in pieces
- 50 g snow peas, cut in half diagonally
- 1 small red chilli pepper, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 15 g fresh ginger, finely diced
- 1 small pak choi stems (white part), sliced
- 50g bean sprouts
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Seasoning for Sushi Rice
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
For the topping:
- 1 small carrot, in very fine strips
- 20 g leek, in fine strips
- 4-6 small pak choi leaves
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- few coriander leaves
- few parsley leaves
Blanch green beans in boiling water in a wok for about 2 minutes, remove, drain and set aside.
Blanch snow peas as well, drain and set aside.
Drain water from wok, pat wok dry and add a little oil. Add chilli pepper to the wok, sauté and remove.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in the wok. Add tofu, fry all sides until golden brown and remove.
Add garlic and ginger to the wok and fry in the remaining oil.
Add pak choi stems (white part) and bean sprouts and stir fry. Add blanched beans and snow peas and stir fry briefly. Add tofu and pak choi leaves.
Season everything with Kikkoman seasoning for sushi rice, Kikkoman soy sauce and sesame oil.
Top the tofu stir fry with carrot and leek strips, pak choi leaves, spring onion, fried chilli, parsley and coriander and serve with cooked basmati rice if desired.