Teriyaki Duck Pancakes
Forget the Chinese takeaway, have a fakeaway! Make these shredded teriyaki duck pancakes at home and be rewarded with maximum taste.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time2 hours 15 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy1146 Kcals
- Saturated Fat26.9g
- 1 tsp Chinese 5 spice
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Toasted Sesame, plus 4 tbsp extra to serve
- 1.5kg whole duck
- 12 - 16 Chinese pancakes
- 1 bunch spring onions, shredded lengthways
- ½ cucumber, cut into thin batons
Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas mark 3. Mix together the Chinese 5 spice, garlic, ginger and Teriyaki Sauce with Toasted Sesame. Place the duck on a rack in a roasting tin and spoon over half the sauce. Pop the duck in the oven and roast for 1 hour, then spoon over the rest of the sauce and roast for another hour.
Turn the oven up to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6 and roast the duck for another 10 – 15 mins to crisp the skin a little. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 -10 mins, then shred the meat and skin.
Prepare the pancakes as instructed on the pack. Serve with the shredded duck, spring onions, cucumber and extra Teriyaki Sauce with Toasted Sesame to spoon over.