Teriyaki Chicken Salad
A fresh and healthy recipe for teriyaki chicken salad with a zingy lime and chilli dressing. A delicious lunch idea any time of the year
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time1 hour 10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy555 Kcals
- Saturated Fat9.5g
- 1.5kg chicken
- ½ bottle Kikkoman Gluten Free Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 carrots, spiralised or grated
- 100g radishes, sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- Large handful mint leaves
- Large handful coriander leaves
For the dressing:
- Juice 1 lime
- ½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Put the chicken in a small roasting tin or oven-proof dish and pour over the teriyaki sauce. Place in the oven and roast for 1 hour 10 mins, basting every so often.
Once the chicken is cooked through, remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin. Once cool, shred the meat and set aside the juices from the roasting tin.
Make the dressing: in a small bowl mix together 4 tbsp of the Teriyaki juices from the chicken with the lime juice, brown sugar and the chopped chilli.
Toss together the carrots, radishes, red onion, cucumber, mint and coriander leaves with half the dressing and arrange on a platter. Top with the chicken and drizzle over the rest of the dressing.