Teriyaki Black Bean and Halloumi Tacos
Quick, easy and delicious, these Teriyaki Black Bean and Halloumi tacos are ideal for summer evenings and perfect for parties.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
- 4 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 x cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 x 250g packs halloumi cheese, each sliced into 12
- 1 pack fresh coriander, leaves picked
- 12 mini tortilla wraps
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
For the salsa
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 40g drained jalapenos from a jar, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- Juice 1 lime
Make the salsa: mix together all the ingredients and set aside. This will not need seasoning, as the teriyaki adds enough umami.
Mix together the teriyaki sauce, smoked paprika and cumin. Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add the drained black beans and the sauce mixture. Squash about half of the beans the heat through for a few minutes. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon, leaving some sauce behind. Add the oil and then add the halloumi slices. Cook over a fairly high heat until golden brown on each side.
Divide the salsa between the mini tortilla wraps, then top with the beans and a couple of pieces of halloumi in each. Top with a few coriander leaves and wrap up to eat, serving with the wedges of lime to squeeze over.