Tenderstem broccoli tempura with dipping sauces
Tenderstem broccoli has never tasted better than with this light and crunchy tempura batter and range of dipping sauces. Yum!
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli
- 1 x 150g pack tempura batter mix
- Sunflower oil, for frying
- Salt, for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp KKikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce mixed with ½ tsp finely chopped root ginger and 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp satay sauce, mixed with finely chopped small red chilli and a little coconut cream (or milk)
Rinse the Tenderstem broccoli and dry carefully with paper towels.
Prepare the sauces ready for serving.
Pour the oil into a deep heavy-based pan to a depth of about 5cm and heat until a little batter dropped carefully into the oil sizzles and floats to the surface.
While the oil is heating make the tempura batter according to pack instructions. Dip the prepared Tenderstem broccoli spears into the batter and drain to remove excess batter.
Carefully lower the Tenderstem broccoli into the hot oil and fry, a few at a time, until the batter turns a light golden colour. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with a little salt before serving immediately with the sauces.