Sweetcorn Fritters with soy, lime and parmesan
These crisp and delicious Sweetcorn Fritters are perfect for sharing and couldn't be easier to make. Perfectly paired with a fresh soy dipping sauce.
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
- 2 x 325g cans sweetcorn, drained (drained weight is around 500g)
- 100g self raising flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Juice and zest 1 lime
- 3 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 2- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150g crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, finely grated
- Few splashes of chilli sauce (optional)
Make the dipping sauce; Mix together all the ingredients adding a splash of chilli sauce to taste if your fresh chilli isn’t very hot.
In a large mixing bowl mix together all the remaining ingredients except the oil. You will not need to season the fritters as the soy sauce and parmesan pack enough umami flavour. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat and cook dessert spoonfuls of the sweetcorn mixture, in batches, for about 2 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. Remove to a plate covered with kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the rest. Serve with the dipping sauce.