Sweet Teriyaki Vegan Smash Burgers
Take your burgers to the next level for BBQ season with these simply delicious vegan burgers cooked with sweet shallots and tasty Kikkoman teriyaki marinade.
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
For the vegan patties:
- 2 tbsp olive oil (more for oiling)
- 4 banana shallots
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 600g vegan mince
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 50ml Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the burgers:
- 4 vegan brioche buns
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pak choi
- 1 medium carrot
- 4 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp crispy onions
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 180*C or light the barbecue.
2. Prepare and cook the patties - Peel and finely slice the shallots. Warm the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the shallots with a pinch of salt for 3-4 minutes. Add the brown sugar to the pan and fry for a further 3-4 minutes until the shallots have caramelised. Add the shallots to a bowl and leave to cool for a few minutes. Add the vegan mince, breadcrumbs and Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade to the mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Lightly oil your hands and shape the mixture into 4 plump patties. Set the patties out on the baking tray, put the tray in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes (or cook on the bbq).
3. Prepare the remaining ingredients - Halve the bread rolls, drizzle cut side with olive oil and toast in the frying pan over high heat until golden brown. Shred the pak choi. Peel the carrot and cut into ribbons with a speed peeler. Mix the sriracha and tomato sauce in a small bowl.
4. Build the burgers - Cover half the cut burger buns with mayonnaise and the other half with the sriracha ketchup. Take the patties out of the oven and transfer to the burger buns. Dress with pak choi, carrot and crispy onions. Close the burgers and serve immediately with fries
Copyright © BOSH!
If you like Teriyaki Marinade, try our delicious recipes made with our Teriyaki Stir Fry Sauces