Stir-fried vegetables with crispy noodles
This healthy recipe for Stir Fried Vegetables with crispy noodles is a great midweek meal. Make sure you watch our quick and easy video below.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
- Groundnut or rapeseed oil for frying
- 150g (5oz) dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 150g (5oz) mange tout, halved lengthways
- 150g (5oz) baby corn, halved lengthways
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 1tsp grated root ginger
- 1 green chilli, thinly sliced
Heat 5cm (2in) oil in a wok to 190°C/375°F or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
Snip the vermicelli into short lengths with scissors and fry in batches for a few seconds until the noodles puff up and turn white and crisp. Drain onto a plate lined with kitchen paper and keep warm in a low oven.
Mix together the Kikkoman soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and ginger.
Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the oil from the wok and increase the heat to high. Add the peppers, onion and carrots and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
Add the mange tout and baby corn and stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
Pour the sauce into the wok and toss until the vegetables are coated. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
Divide the vegetables between serving plates and pile the noodles on top. Sprinkle over the chilli and serve at once.