Sticky Pineapple and Pepper Wraps
This unusual but tasty filling of sticky pinepple, peppers and onions for tortilla wraps would be a nice lunch snack for vegetarians and meat eaters alike
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time15 mins
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut in long strips
- 2 yellow peppers, deseeded and cut in long strips
- 400g (14oz) tinned or fresh pineapple, drained and chopped
- 200g (7oz) tinned chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- Handful of fresh coriander, to garnish
- Sour cream, to serve
Preheat the oven to 220°C / 425°F / Gas 7.
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and peppers for around five minutes to soften.
Add the pineapple, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, lime juice and zest, soy sauce and honey and sauté for a few more minutes until warmed through.
Divide the mixture between the tortillas, (heat in a microwave beforehand) roll them up, place on a pre-heated baking tray and bake in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately garnished with the coriander and with a dollop of sour cream alongside.