Sticky Honey Aubergine & Halloumi Burger
This burger is made with Kikkoman Teriyaki BBQ Sauce with Honey and is great for vegetarians as well as meat eaters. A perfectly sweet BBQ treat.
Nutrition per serving
- Energy553 Kcals
- Saturated Fat13.1g
- 2 small aubergines, or 1 large
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp Kikkoman Teriyaki BBQ Sauce with Honey
- 250g block halloumi cheese, sliced into 8
- 4 sesame seed burger buns, halved and cut side toasted
- 4 large handfuls rocket leaves
Slice aubergine into 8 thick rounds, discarding the ends, and brush each round with oil.
Place in a frying pan and cook for 4 minutes each side.
Turn the heat down and add Kikkoman Teriyaki BBQ Sauce with Honey, coat the aubergine slices and cook for a couple of minutes.
Meanwhile, griddle the halloumi slices for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
Place rocket leaves on the bottom of a toasted bun, then add 2 slices of aubergine, a spoonful of the leftover sauce from the pan, then top with the halloumi and bun lid.