Sticky ginger and chilli crusted salmon
Serve this easy, spicy Asian fish dish for dinner with our soy stir-fried greens recipe. By food stylist @lolperry and photography by @ellisparrinder
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
- 4 fillets salmon, skin removed
- 2 x 4 inch pieces of ginger, finely grated
- 8 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 1 large bunch coriander, stalks finely chopped and leaves reserved to serve
- 4 mild red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 8 tablespoons Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 180ml rice wine
- 120ml mirin
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat your oven to 230°C fan.
Combine the soy sauce, rice wine, mirin, brown sugar, garlic, coriander stems and 3/4 of the ginger in a sauce pan. Cook for 10 minutes, until it has reduced by half. Remove from the heat and add in the remaining ginger, lime zest and juice and allow to cool.
Rub the bottom of a baking dish with the olive oil and place in the salmon fillets, leaving room between them. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of the glaze over each fillet fish and allow it to penetrate for a few minutes. Repeat.
When ready to eat place in the oven for 10 minutes on the top shelf. After a few minutes pull out and spoon another tablespoon of glaze over each fish, then return to the oven for another few minutes. Keep checking the fish - and that the glaze is not burning - and take out when medium-rare to medium (be a bit brave! - it will continue to cook as it sits). Serve with soy stir fried greens.