Soy seasoned chicken stir-fry
A quick and healthy stir-fry. You can vary the peppers, corn and mushrooms for your favourite vegetables but make sure you use superior Kikkoman soy sauce to bring out the best flavours
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time20 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy451 Kcals
- Saturated Fat1.2g
- 225g basmati or long grain rice
- 3tbsp Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 1tsp runny honey
- 1tbsp Chinese five spice powder or paste
- 1tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 450g skinless boneless chicken breasts, diagonally sliced strips
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 150g baby sweetcorn, halved lengthways
- 150g oriental mushrooms eg. Enoki
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Rinse the rice and place in a saucepan. Cover with enough water to cover the rice by 2.5cm. Bring to the boil, cover with a tight fitting lid and simmer over a very low heat for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together the soy sauce, honey, Chinese five spice powder and parsley. Pour over the chicken and toss well to coat evenly.
Heat the oil in a large wok and fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and cook for 2 minutes. Add the chicken and marinade and stir fry for 5 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and stir fry for 3-5 minutes.
Serve with the cooked rice and garnish with coriander leaves