Soy chicken puffs
A nice family chicken pie recipe flavoured Kikkoman soy sauce. Instead of puff pastry, shortcrust can be substituted if you prefer.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Additional Time30 mins chilling
- Cooking Time1 hour
- 3tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 450g/1lb boneless chicken breasts, skinned and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 175g/6oz baby leeks, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 175g/6oz mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1tsp mixed dried herbs
- 500g/1lb 2oz ready-made puff pastry
- Beaten egg, to glaze
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken pieces in batches over a fairly high heat. Remove from the pan and transfer to a bowl.
Lower the heat, add the leeks, pepper and mushrooms to the pan and fry for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the vegetables to the chicken with the herbs and soy sauce and stir to mix. Allow to cool.
Divide the chicken mixture between four individual pie dishes.
Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to cover the pies. Cut a slit in the top of each one and chill for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6. Place the pies on a baking sheet (in case the filling bubbles out during cooking) and brush with beaten egg to glaze. Bake for 30-35 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Serve hot with vegetables of your choice.