Soy beef stir-fry
Stir-fries are so quick and easy and are good for you too! Minimal cooking means you need to use a very tender cut of beef for this recipe.
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time25 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy245 Kcals
- Saturated Fat3.2g
- 2tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
- 450g lean rump steak, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled, cut into 8 wedges and layers separated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 100g carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 150g shiitake mushrooms, quartered
- 3tbsp white wine
- ½tbsp paprika
- 3tbsp Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 1tsp sugar
Heat the oil in a wok and when sizzling hot, fry the steak in two or three batches for 2-3 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the onion, garlic and carrots to the wok and stir-fry for 6-7 minutes.
Add the mushrooms, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes then add the wine. Reduce over a high heat for 1 minute and sprinkle over the paprika.
Pour in the Kikkoman Soy Sauce and sugar, return the steak to the pan and toss together over the heat for 2-3 minutes until everything is piping hot.
Love cooking a stir fry? Take a look at our guide on how to
make stir fry sauce