Smoked Salmon and Avocado Roll (Uramaki)
These smoked salmon rolls are a type of sushi known as uramaki which translates from the Japanese as "inside out rolls". They are an easy sushi roll to make at home.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Additional TimePlus rice cooking time
Nutrition per serving
- Energy109 Kcals
- 5 small avocado slices
- 5 mini gherkins (or cornichons)
- 1 nori sheet
- 200 g cooked sushi rice*
- ½ tsp wasabi paste
- 2 tsp cream cheese
- 150 g smoked salmon
For the garnish:
- 2 tsp wild salmon caviar
- 1-2 radishes, thinly sliced
- A few sprigs of dill
- Pickled ginger, wasabi paste and Kikkoman Soy Sauce
Makes 1 roll = 8 pieces
1. Cut avocado and gherkins into strips.
2. Place 1 nori sheet on the sushi mat.
3. Spread the sushi rice on it with wet fingers.
4. Turn over completely.
5. Spread wasabi paste and cream cheese lengthwise along the middle.
6. Place avocado and gherkins strips lengthwise on top.
7. Roll up the roll.
8. Top with salmon strips
9. Wrap in cling film and fix with sushi mat.
10. Carefully remove the cling film and cut the roll into 8 equal pieces.
11. Arrange with wild salmon caviar, radish slices, dill, pickled ginger and wasabi paste.
*For sushi rice (approx. 1 kg cooked sushi rice)
1. Cook 450g sushi rice in 450ml water according to pack instructions. Then season with 100 ml Kikkoman seasoning for sushi rice or alternatively a mix of 70 ml rice vinegar, 30 g sugar and 15 g salt.
Tip: When cooking rice, use the ratio of rice: water = 1 : 1. Less water is used when preparing sushi rice than when preparing conventional rice.
Want to know how to make sushi? Check out our easy guide to making sushi