Slow Cooked Vegetarian Chilli
This delicious, spicy vegetarian chilli recipe tastes great with avocado and sour cream! Cook in a slow cooker for an easy dinner your family will love
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time3 hours
Nutrition per serving
- Energy638 Kcals
- Saturated Fat4.3g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ancho chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp chipotle paste
- 800g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 500g corn kernels (from 2 sweetcorn cobs)
- salt and freshly ground pepper to season
- fresh coriander to garnish
- 4 tbsp sour cream, to serve
- 1 small chopped avocado or 4 tbsp guacamole, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Cooked quinoa or rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan or in a 4.5 litre slow cooker with sauté function.
Add the garlic, onion and peppers and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
Add the sugar, oregano, cumin, chilli powder and salt and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Stir in the chopped tomatoes, stock, tomato paste, soy sauce and chipotle paste.
Bring to a simmer and stir in the black beans and kidney beans.
Transfer to the slow cooker (if not in there already), cover and cook on low setting for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Stir in the corn and cook for a further 30 minutes.
Taste and season.
Serve with rice or quinoa, garnish with fresh coriander and accompany with avocado and sour cream and lime wedges.
Want to know how to cook rice perfectly? Check out our handy
guide on how
to cook rice
Do you like to use your slow cooker? Check out our top slow
cooker tips to help you get the best out of your slow cooker