Simple Egg fried rice
Vegetarian stir fry featuring rice, eggs and vegetables – a classic main course or a perfect accompaniment
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy533 Kcals
- 1 small red chilli pepper, finely diced
- 5 tbsp frying oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 15 g ginger, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely diced
- 200 g cooked, cooled basmati rice (or leftover rice from the last meal)
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
For the topping:
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Few coriander leaves
- Chilli oil
Fry chilli pepper in 1 tbsp hot oil in a wok and remove
Add carrot and onion with 1 tbsp oil to the remaining frying fat and fry as well. Add spring onions, sauté then remove all.
Clean or wipe out the wok.
Fry beaten eggs in 1 tbsp of hot oil in the wok, remove and clean the wok again.
Fry ginger and garlic in the remaining hot oil. Add the rice and fry.
Add the fried vegetables and fry briefly. Fold in the egg and season everything with Kikkoman soy sauce and sesame oil.
Top the fried rice with spring onions, coriander and chilli oil and serve.
Tip - Never overload to the wok. For cooking big portions, cook in batches for the best results.