Roasted Vegetable Lasagne
Delicious vegetable lasagne with thick layers of roasted vegetables and cheese! Ideal for the family - vegetarians and meat-eaters will both love it
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time1 hour 40 mins
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- Knob of butter and tbsp of oil
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and sliced
- 100g/4oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 250g/9oz cherry tomatoes
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Teryaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic
- 2tbsp tomato puree
- 6-8 sheets of fresh or no need to pre-cook lasagne
- 600ml/1pt thick cheese sauce
- 2tbsp each grated Parmesan, Cheddar and dry breadcrumbs
- Fresh basil leaves, whole or shredded, to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6. Put the onion, peppers, courgettes, aubergine, mushrooms and garlic in a shallow tin and drizzle with oil.
Roast for 30 minutes, turning the vegetables occasionally. Add the tomatoes and roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are starting to scorch at the edges.
Mix the Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce with Roasted Garlic and tomato puree and stir into the vegetables. Spoon half into a large, rectangular ovenproof dish. Cover with half the lasagne sheets and half the cheese sauce.
Add the tin of tomatoes and stir through the tomato puree.
Layer the remaining vegetables, pasta and cheese sauce on top and scatter over the cheeses and breadcrumbs. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Garnish with fresh basil to serve.
Large tomatoes cut into wedges can be used instead of cherry tomatoes. Slip the skins off the tomatoes after roasting if you prefer.
Try adding sliced leeks, chopped celery and tinned artichokes to the roasting tin or stir in shredded cooked spinach when the vegetables come out of the oven.