Roast Squash with Coconut Pesto
Tasty roasted butternut squash and a deliciously different coconut pesto. Makes a great vegetarian dish or a side.
- Preparation Time5 mins
- Cooking Time45 mins
- 2 butternut squash, seeds removed
- Olive oil
- 2 red chillies, de-seeded and grated
- 4 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 200g (7oz) fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh coconut, grated
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- Juice of one lemon
- Pinch of finely chopped fresh chilli to garnish
Heat the oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas 4.
Scrub the squash but do not peel, then cut each into 6-8 thick wedges.
Brush with olive oil then place on a lightly oiled baking tray, flesh side up. Bake for around 45 minutes, until tender and nicely browned.
Meanwhile to make the pesto, add all the ingredients to a blender and process until smooth.
Serve the wedges stacked high on a plate, drizzled with coconut pesto and scattered with the chopped chilli.