Roast Butternut Squash with Spicy Chick Peas
Roast butternut squash and chick peas and chilli is a delicious vegetarian meal or a side dish! Suitable for vegan and vegetarian diets.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy165 Kcals
- Saturated Fat0.6g
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 can of chickpeas, washed and drained
- 2 medium red chillies, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, broken into cloves
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- Sprinkling of cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
Place the butternut squash into a roasting tin. Toss in the olive oil and roast for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix all the other ingredients except the coriander and after the 10 minutes pour over the butternut.
Continue roasting for 20 minutes, tossing every so often, until tender.