Risotto with Soy Marinated Vegetables
This risotto is made with vegetables marinated in soy for extra flavour! Perfect for all the family.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time30 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy221 Kcals
- Saturated Fat2.3g
- 6tbsp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 1tsp chilli sauce
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 courgettes, diagonally sliced
- 225g (8oz) button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and cut into diagonal slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 225g (8oz) Arborio risotto rice
- 900ml (1½ pts) hot vegetable stock
- 25g (1oz) grated parmesan cheese
- Handful wild rocket leaves
- Few parmesan shards to garnish
Mix together the Kikkoman Soy Sauce, chilli sauce and lemon juice.
Place the courgettes, mushrooms and peppers together in a bowl and add the soy marinade.
Set aside whilst cooking the rice.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and add the rice, turning to coat thoroughly in the oil. Add the stock a little at a time over a low heat, stirring the rice constantly, allowing the liquid to be absorbed in between additions of stock. Continue to add the stock like this until used up.
After about 25 minutes the rice should be creamy and tender, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the grated cheese. Set aside.
Heat a wok and add the remaining oil. Stir fry the marinated vegetables for 3 minutes. Add the remaining marinade to the vegetables and allow to sizzle for a few minutes.
Fold the rice into the cooked vegetables and spoon into bowls.
Top with the rocket leaves and shards of parmesan cheese.