Rib-eye of beef with soy and spice
A sublime, pungent marinade gives this prized cut of rib-eye beef added flair. British chef, Paul Heathcote, advises serving the steak with sides of your choice.
- Additional Time1 hour marinating
- Cooking Time25 mins
- 1 mild red chilli chopped
- 2cm lemon grass finely chopped
- 1cm piece of fresh ginger chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 2 spring onions slice finely
- 8 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 Lime - Juice & finely grated rind
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Small sprig of coriander
- Salt & pepper
Place all the ingredients in a bowl except for the rib-eye and coriander and whisk together.
Place the steaks in the marinade and leave for 1 hour.
Remove the steak and season with salt & pepper.
Place the steak in a hot pan (you shouldn't need any oil as the steak will take some of the olive oil when removing from the marinade). Cook to your liking and while the steak is still cooking add the marinade to the pan and remove from the heat. Lift out the steak immediately and pour over the marinade and serve.