Raw Asian-Style Asparagus and Carrot Salad
A healthy and delicious raw salad of asparagus and carrot tossed in an asian-style dressing
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy94 Kcals
- Saturated Fat0.8g
- 1 bunch British asparagus spears, cut into long thin strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into long thin strips
- 1 courgette, cut into long thin strips
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1tbsp fresh mint
- ½tsp dried red chilli
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Less Salt Soy Sauce
- 1tsp palm sugar or light brown sugar
- ½tsp shrimp paste
Place the asparagus, carrot and courgette in a large mixing bowl.
Heat the oil in a small frying pan until hot and fry the shallots over a high heat until they are golden brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Then add the garlic to the oil and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together, then pour over the asparagus, carrot and courgette and toss to mix. Arrange on a serving plate.
Scatter over the crispy fried shallot and garlic, followed by the mint and chilli and serve immediately.