Ramen with ham and marinated egg
Create a delicious and traditional ramen at home with this recipe, including marinated egg,
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Additional Time1-2 hours marinating
- Cooking Time1 hour 10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy387 Kcals
For the ramen concentrate (approx. 6 servings):
- 200 ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 3 dried tomatoes
- 4-5 pieces of dried mushrooms (e.g. porcini mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small piece of leek (approx. 3 cm)
- 1 small piece of ginger (approx. 1 cm)
- 1 tbsp instant meat stock
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
For the marinated eggs:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp chicken stock
- 1 ½ tbsp Kikkoman naturally brewed soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
For the ramen soup:
- 200 g ramen noodles
- 4 x 3 ½-4 tbsp ramen concentrate
- 1.4 litres of favourite hot stock (e.g. chicken, beef, vegetable, fish)
- 1 spring onion
- 120 g favourite ham (sliced)
- 4 tbsp roasted onions
- 8 small pieces of nori leaves
- Freshly ground white pepper
For the ramen concentrate mix soy sauce, dried tomatoes and mushrooms overnight and leave overnight.
Peel and finely chop the garlic. Wash the leek and cut into fine rings.
Peel ginger, cut into slices, bring to the boil with garlic, leek, instant meat stock, sugar, pepper and soy sauce mixture.
Remove Ramen concentrate from the stove, let it cool down and pour through a fine sieve.
For the marinated eggs, boil and peel the eggs as desired. Bring the chicken stock, soy sauce and sugar to the boil, place them in a freezer bag with the eggs, squeeze out the air and marinate for 1-2 hours.
Cook the noodles for the ramen soup according to the packet instructions. Put 3 ½-4 tbsp of Ramen Concentrate into four Donburi bowls and pour 350 ml of hot stock into each bowl. Drain the noodles well and add to the soup.
Cut spring onion into fine rings and wash. Halve eggs. Add ham with the marinated eggs and fried onions to the soup and garnish with spring onions and nori leaves. If desired, sprinkle with pepper and serve.
Like this recipe? Check out our guide to Japanese Ramen