Quick vegetable curry
A mild and fragrant curry which can be made in under 25 minutes. Serve with rice and breads alongside if wished. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy312 Kcals
- 60ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 450g fresh vegetables, chopped into similar size pieces (we used squash, red pepper, green beans, broccoli and peas)
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 125ml coconut milk
- almond flakes to garnish
Mix the Kikkoman soy sauce and cornfllour with 250ml water.
Heat the oil in a wok or deep sided frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and a sprinkle in the curry powder. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add your selection of vegetables and stir fry for around 5 minutes or until the vegetables are sufficiently tender. Add the chick peas, the soy sauce and cornflour mix and the coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes untill the chick peas are heated through.
Garnish with flaked almonds and serve with rice and mango chutney if desired.
Love curries? Then why not check out our guide on creating easy curry