Quick vegetable curry
A mild and fragrant curry which can be made in under 25 minutes. Serve with rice and breads alongside if wished. Suitable for vegetarians.
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy312 Kcals
- 60ml Kikkoman Naturally Brewed Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp cornflour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 450g fresh vegetables, chopped into similar size pieces (we used squash, red pepper, green beans, broccoli and peas)
- 1 can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 125ml coconut milk
- almond flakes to garnish
Mix the Kikkoman soy sauce and cornfllour with 250ml water.
Heat the oil in a wok or deep sided frying pan on a medium heat. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and a sprinkle in the curry powder. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add your selection of vegetables and stir fry for around 5 minutes or until the vegetables are sufficiently tender. Add the chick peas, the soy sauce and cornflour mix and the coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes untill the chick peas are heated through.
Garnish with flaked almonds and serve with rice and mango chutney if desired.