Summer in a bowl. This fresh and vibrant Panzanella will be a real hit with whoever you share it with, combine delicious cucumber and tomatoes with ciabatta bread and a soy dressing for maximum flavour
- Preparation Time15 mins
- 250g ciabatta bread
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, smashed with a rolling pin, then cut into chunks
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Small bunch basil, leaves picked
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp pink grapefruit juice
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
Tear the ciabatta into bite sized chunks and set aside while you prepare the salad.
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a large bowl and season with black pepper and a large pinch of sugar to taste.
Add the chunks of tomato, the cucumber and the onions to the bowl.
Toss in the dressing and leave to marinate for at least 15 minutes, or until you’re ready to serve.
Just before serving toss the ciabatta into the salad along with most of the basil leaves, scattering the rest of the leaves on top.