Pan-roasted Cauliflower with Spiced Aubergine
This delicious vegan recipe combines a wonderful mix of textures - from the creamy, soft aubergine and crunchy chickpeas to the tender cauliflower and crisp pomegranate seeds. It's easy to make but looks really impressive!
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Cooking Time35 mins
- 5 aubergines
- 4 tablespoons rapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 60 ml rapeseed oil
- 100 g chickpeas, cooked or from a tin
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ pomegranate
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
2. Cut the aubergines in halve lengthways. Score the flesh with a knife and brush over 3 tbsp of rapeseed oil. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. Then remove the soft flesh from the skin with a spoon and place in a bowl. (Be careful, the aubergines are still hot). Mix the flesh with turmeric, 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce, cumin, garlic and ginger.
3. Fry the cauliflower florets in a pan with 60 ml of rapeseed oil for 10 minutes or until cooked. Season with 2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce.
4. Put the chickpeas in a colander and rinse under cold water. Fry in a pan with 1 tbsp rapeseed oil for a few minutes. Season to taste with tomato puree and paprika.
5. Remove the pomegranate seeds from the fruit. Serve the pan-roasted cauliflower with chickpeas, spiced aubergine and pomegranate seeds