Pan-Roasted Cauliflower Soup
This vegan cauliflower soup is creamy because it's made with coconut milk. Roasting the cauliflower gives it a rich nutty taste and the toasted almond and coconut chip topping adds some crunch
- Preparation Time20 mins
- Cooking Time40 mins
- 1 ½ cauliflower
- 2 onions, diced
- 100 g celeriac
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml apple juice
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pinches of salt
- ⅓ bunch coriander leaves, chopped
- 50 g whole almonds, chopped
- 40 g coconut chips
1. Take the whole cauliflower and chop the florets and stalk into small pieces. Fry slowly in a saucepan for 10 minutes with 2 tbsp of rapeseed oil.
2. Add the onions and celeriac to the cauliflower and fry for another 5 minutes. When the vegetables are golden brown, top up with the vegetable stock, apple juice and coconut milk. Season to taste with Kikkoman soy sauce, sugar, bay leaf and salt. Cover and simmer for another 20 minutes.
3. In the meantime, roast the almonds in a dry pan. Cut the remaining cauliflower half into florets and then into slices and fry in a pan with 1 tbsp of rapeseed oil until tender.
4. Take the bay leaf out of the soup and blend it finely with a hand blender.
5. Place the roasted cauliflower soup in deep plates. Serve with cauliflower slices, roasted almonds, coconut chips and coriander
Read our top tips on How to Make the Best Soup