Marinated Chicken with Warm Pearl Cous Cous Salad
A simple and delicious recipe of chicken marinated in Ponzu with a warm salad of cous cous, feta and butternut squash. Make extra for lunch the next day
- Preparation Time15 mins
- Additional Timeplus 10-15 mins marinating
- Cooking Time45 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy616 Kcals
- 500g chicken breast
- 50ml Kikkoman Ponzu Soy Sauce
- 10g fresh ginger, finely grated
- Garlic, 3 cloves, finely grated
- 800g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, and diced
- 50ml olive oil
- 85g pomegranate seeds
- 80g feta, crumbled
- 50g spring onions, thinly sliced
- 20g fresh coriander, chopped
- 200g pearl (giant) couscous
Whisk the Ponzu sauce, ginger, and garlic together. Place chicken breast in the marinade. Allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes, preferably for 30.
Preheat oven to 200C. Toss the butternut squash with oil and salt. Roast for 15 min. Add the marinated chicken to the oven and roast for another 15-20 min. The butternut should be soft and caramelized; and the chicken should be cooked through.
Prepare garnishes: chop spring onions and coriander, crumble feta. Cook the pearl couscous according to manufacturer instructions. It typically needs 10-12 minutes. Drain couscous, toss it with roasted butternut and all garnishes. Serve chicken sliced on top.