Lime and Lemongrass Noodle Bowl
An easy and tasty midweek meal. Use whatever veg you may have hanging around in the fridge, added to a sweet and sour style sauce, lots of noodles and chicken.The peanuts add a welcome crunch at the end as well as more flavour.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
For the lime & lemongrass paste:
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 2 stalks of lemongrass, sliced
- 1” piece of ginger, peeled & sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- zest of a lime
For the noodle bowls:
- 120g 100% buckwheat soba noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 1/2 gluten-free vegetable stock cube
- 1 chicken breast, diced
- a bowl of spinach (two handfuls)
- freshly ground black pepper to season
- rapeseed oil for cooking
- juice of a lime
- 2 tbsp of Kikkoman Tamari Gluten-free Soy Sauce
- a handful of dry roasted peanuts, lightly crushed
To make the flavour paste, pop all of the ingredients in a blender along with a splash of water and blend until smooth.
Put a saucepan on a high heat with a splash of rapeseed oil. Add the chicken, carrots and peppers, season with freshly ground black pepper, stir and let it cook for a minute.
Stir in the lime and lemongrass paste and let it cook for a couple more minutes.
Crumble the stock cube in. Pour in the coconut milk, season again with black pepper and stir to combine. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
Add the spinach, stir and cook until the spinach has wilted.
Take the pan off the heat, stir in the tamari gluten-free soy sauce and squeeze in the juice of a lime.
To serve, divide the noodles between two bowls, ladle over the sauce, drizzle a bit more tamari on top and finish with a sprinkling of the crushed peanuts. Enjoy!
Created by Eva Humphries @wholefwarrior