This great one-pot slow cooked lamb tagine recipe captures the tastes of Morocco and is simple to make. Serve with cous cous mixed with Med roasted veg.
- Preparation Time30 mins
- Cooking Time2 hours 15 mins
Nutrition per serving
- Energy786 Kcals
- Saturated Fat9.2g
- 1tsp each of ground ginger, coriander and turmeric
- 675g/1lb lean lamb, cut into 2.5cm/1in pieces
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic, cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 150g/5oz no soak dried apricots, halved
- 400g/14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml/ ½pt lamb or beef stock
- 2tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
For the tagine, put the ginger, coriander and turmeric in a bowl, mix in the lamb then refrigerate for several hours.
Preheat the oven to 150°C/Gas mark 2. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a frying pan and brown the lamb in batches over a fairly high heat, transferring them to a tagine dish or large casserole.
Lower the heat and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and carrots, cook for 2 minutes, then add the apricots, tomatoes, stock and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, pour into the dish over the meat, cover tightly and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
Serve with cous cous mixed with chopped grilled vegetables, olives and harissa paste and sprinkle with toasted flaked almonds.