Grilled pork chops in rum and apple marinade
The pork chops in this easy recipe can be grilled or barbecued. The rum and apple marinade will add bags of flavour and help keep them juicy
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Additional Timeplus 2-6 hours marinating
- Cooking Time20 mins
- 4 pork chops
- 300 ml apple juice
- 1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp Kikkoman Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 pinches chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 80 ml rum
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 apple, sliced
1. Bring the apple juice to the boil in a saucepan with balsamic vinegar, Kikkoman soy sauce, sugar, chilli flakes, garlic and rum. Let the rum and apple marinade cool down, then marinate the meat with the rosemary in it for a minimum of 2-6 hours. After this time, remove the meat and bring the marinade to the boil in a saucepan with tomato puree. Mix the cornflour with water and use it to thicken the marinade to make a sauce.
2. Grill or barbecue the pork chops until cooked.
3. Serve the pork chops with apple slices and the rum and apple sauce.
Love to BBQ? Check out our top BBQ Tips