Grains and Greens Bowl with fried egg and tahini yoghurt
This nourishing bowl is the kind of dish that you can pull together from odds and ends that have been hiding in the cupboard and fridge. It’s super speedy to cook and incredibly versatile - you can switch in your favourite ingredients. Gluten-free.
- Preparation Time10 mins
- Cooking Time10 mins
- 100g of quinoa, cooked according to packet instructions or use a pre-cooked pouch
- 50g of frozen edamame
- 1/2 tin of chickpeas
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- a large bowl of spinach (two handfuls approximately)
- 2-3 tablespoons of Kikkoman Tamari Gluten-free Soy Sauce
- a pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- sea salt and black pepper to season
- oil for cooking
- parsley or coriander and sesame seeds for sprinkling on top (optional)
To make the tahini yogurt dip, combine the tahini, yogurt, lemon juice and a big pinch of sea salt and stir until completely smooth.
Line up all of the remaining ingredients.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan on a high heat.
Add the chilli flakes, garlic and spring onion and sizzle for a minute.
Tip in the quinoa, chickpeas and edamame, season well with black pepper and sea salt and cook for a further minute.
Drizzle in 2-3 tablespoons of tamari and stir well to combine.
Tip in the spinach or whatever greens you may be using and cook until wilted, stirring every now and then.
Divide the mixture between two bowls and keep warm.
Wipe the frying pan with some kitchen paper (because we are saving washing up here), add a splash of oil, return it to a medium heat and crack in the eggs. Fry until the edges start to go crispy and the yolk is still runny, approximately 3-4 minutes.
Top the grain and greens bowls with an egg and a generous dollop of tahini yogurt. Eat!
Created by Eva Humphries @wholefwarrior